A bit about me...

Monday, November 17, 2008

My Goals

I plan to teach elementary physical education. As a physical education teacher, my students should be able to demonstrate motor skills and movement abilities that will enable them to participate in physical activities. The movements include locomotor, such as running, skipping, and hopping, as well as nonlocomotor movements such as stretching, twisting, and bending. My students will also be taught manipulative activities, such as throwing and catching. I will also incorporate rhythmic movements and activities as well.
The classroom environment should be controlled and organized with room to explore and play. Students should receive encouragement and and learn that practice makes perfect. My goal as a physical education teacher is that students learn to enjoy physical activities and that this carries on into adulthood...healthy children that grow into healthy adults.

No comments: